Nefful clothing has acquired the following certification to ensure the safety of everyone using Nefful clothing.
So what is OEKO-TEX Standard?
OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 is an independent test and certification system for all types of textiles tested for harmful substances. The scope of the testing encompasses raw materials, as well as all intermediate stages of production, all the way to the end product. The OEKO-TEX® 100 standard has requirements for the final product and aims to guarantee that products are free of harmful substances and therefore safe for human health and the environment too.
OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 Ecological textile label
What does it test for?
Criteria for Testing for harmful substances includes:
- illegal substances
- legally regulated substances
- known harmful (but not legally regulated) chemicals
- as well as parameters for health care
- ˹ Does not contain allergens or carcinogens.
- No pesticides and chlorinated organics.
- In the case of artificial perspiration, do not emit extractable heavy metals.
- Free of formaldehyde, or content far below the legal regulated substances.
- Moderate acidity, does not irritate the skin.
- Does not contain active biological products.
- Environmentally friendly production processes.
- Ensuring responsibility for people and the environment. Zero discharge of hazardous chemicals.
Reference : https://www.oeko-tex.com/en/business/certifications_and_services/ots_100/ots_100_start.xhtml